|Lagundi Tea for stronger Lungs and Liver!|
Lagundi or Vitex negundo is a large shrub native to the Philippines that has been used as a traditional herbal medicine for centuries. It is commonly found in tropical, subtropical and also warm temperate regions throughout the world, especially in the Philippines.
Research on lagundi conducted by the Philippine Department of Health has suggested that the plant has a number of practical uses. Outside of the Philippines, preparations of lagundi are sometimes available at stores that supply herbal medicines, or through practitioners of herbal and alternative medicine.
Leaves, root, flowers and seeds: All medicinal
This plant is native to the swamps of the Philippines, where it can sometimes grow quite tall. The plant has a single thick, woody stem like a trunk, and has five pointed leaves that splay out like the fingers of a hand. The leaves, root, flowers, and seeds of lagundi all appear to have medicinal values.
The root is reported to be a tonic, febrifuge, and an expectorant. The root is also used to treat a great variety of diseases: dyspepsia, colic, rheumatism, worms, boils, and leprosy. The flowers are used in to prevent diarrhea, cholera, fever, and diseases of the liver, and are also recommended as a cardiac tonic. The seeds make a cooling medicine for skin diseases like leprosy, and for inflammation of the mouth. The leaves are used as a tea for conditions like coughs and asthma. Preparations of lagundi have been used for a wide variety of complaints traditionally, although scientific research has concentrated on its use for respiratory complaints.
Especially good for Respiratory Problems
Lagundi is generally accepted in the Philippines to be useful for coughs, asthma symptoms, and other respiratory problems, and the Philippine government actively promotes it as an alternative to Western cough medicines. Some doctors also prescribe lagundi to assist in the treatment of asthma, as regular doses appear to reduce the strength of asthma attacks. As an analgesic, lagundi also appears to have some efficacy. It has been compared to drugs like aspirin in trials, which show that lagundi may be useful in the treatment of things like pain after dental extractions. Some people like to take lagundi before going in for extractions, in an attempt to pre-empt the associated pain and discomfort.
At home, people make lagundi teas from the leaves, often producing a large amount and bottling the excess to use later. Commercially, lagundi can be purchased in the form of syrup or capsules to make it easier to handle. It is also blended in with cough medicines and other herbal remedies. As with other herbal medicines, lagundi should not be taken without consulting a doctor, as it may potentially conflict with other medications or it may be contraindicated for a particular condition. If your doctor is resistant to herbal treatments, you may want to seek out a practitioner who supports complementary medicine so that you can get sound advice about whether or not lagundi is safe for you.
Gourmet Farms is proud to offer Lagundi tea in our stores that are available for purchase. Try some today!
- ► 2014 (22)
- ► April (1)
- ► March (12)Thai Fish in Oriental DressingCREAMY PESTO WITH CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI PASTA COFFEE ENHANCES SPORTS PERFORMANCESoil as Carbon StorehouseWhat Does Your Coffee Say About Your Personality? Part 3What Does Your Coffee Say About Your Personality? Part 2What Does Your Coffee Say About Your Personality?Wonderfully Potent Malunggay!Tokyo Univeristy of Agriculture says こんにちは Again at Gourmet Farms Inc.Swing the Club: The Mizuno Cup 2014The Grand Showcase of Filipino BalletOrganic Farming in Agrikultura ETC with Gourmet Farms Inc.!
- ► February (4)
- ► January (5)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► December (17)Christmas message by His Eminence Cardinal TagleCRISPY LEFTOVER PAELLA ROSEMARY INFUSED GOURMET BANABA ICED TEATHREE KINGS FESTIVE LUMPIADECONSTRUCTED BEEF MORCONGOURMET FARMS HOLIDAY BARBEQUEGOURMET FARMS MANGO COCONUT SOUPBalsamic Vinaigrette-Glazed Cherry Polenta CheesecakeSundried Tomato Pesto Crusted Beef FilletsRed Beet and Goat Cheese Lasagna with Gourmet Farms PestoHearty Herb Cheese Broccoli SoupThe Filpino Noche BuenaM&M Iced Tea (Mango-Malunggay)Red Grape Strawberry Sambong Iced TeaNon Alcoholic Lagundi MojitoLemonada Azul with Ginger Iced TeaSunrise Lemongrass - Banaba Iced Tea
- ► November (19)HOW YOU CAN SAVE LIVES BY HELPING PREVENT SUPER TYPHOONS LIKE YOLANDA/HAIYANHOW YOU CAN SAVE LIVES BY HELPING PREVENT SUPER TYPHOONS LIKE YOLANDA/HAIYANHOW YOU CAN SAVE LIVES BY HELPING PREVENT SUPER TYPHOONS LIKE YOLANDA/HAIYANHOW YOU CAN SAVE LIVES BY HELPING PREVENT SUPER TYPHOONS LIKE YOLANDA/HAIYANHOW YOU CAN SAVE LIVES BY HELPING PREVENT SUPER TYPHOONS LIKE YOLANDA/HAIYANHOW YOU CAN SAVE LIVES BY HELPING PREVENT SUPER TYPHOONS LIKE YOLANDA/HAIYANWorld Diabetes Day 2013: Diabetes Education and PreventionList of Organizations Accepting Donations for Typhoon Yolanda Victims#BangonPilipinasGoogle Person FinderNovermber 12 is World Pneumonia DayGourmet Farms Inc. at the 2013 ISSAAS International Congress and MeetingStorm Watch: YolandaGourmet Farms Featured at PTV4’s Juan LifePinkies Up! Or Not?Teas All Over the WorldBits on Tea EtiquetteMad Eye BolognesePangangaluluwa: An old Filipino Halloween tradition
- ► October (35)Spooky Mashed Potatoes with Gummy WormsHungry Puttanesca-Eating Watermelon SharksAnd the winner is!Wicked Witch’s Dragon SaladNyctophobia: Are You Afraid of the Dark?Sweet Bleeding Coffee CupcakesFun Halloween Party Games for Kids Will The Arrow Point to the Coffee or Tea?Tea: How the British Do ItColorful Kernels: Would You Like To Have A Bite?9 Coffee Drinks with Clever NicknamesTOP 5 REASONS TO #GoOrganicDéjà vu?Tuna and Couscous Pesto Sushi Rolls with Gourmet Farms Pesto SauceLet’s Go Cosplayin!Pork Loin Roast in Gourmet Farms Honey Mustard DressingSavory Braised Pork made with Gourmet Farms Banaba TeaCrisp and Crunchy Lettuce Chip Crusted Chicken FilletsHalloween Garlic: Mystical Uses and BenefitsPescealla Pizzaiola in Gourmet Farms Puttanesca SauceFun Fishy Facts#ThrowbackThursday at the Gourmet Farms with 3 Off TrackTrick and Treat Spicy Ice Cream Cake Made with Gourmet Farms PepperonciniJust How Hot is HOT?Fantastic Filipino Tinapa Dumplings with Gourmet Farms Oriental DressingCool and Decadent Coffee JelloFestive Apples with Gourmet Farms Italian DressingLet’s Go Italian with a Sweet Zabaglione!Simmered Sole Soup in Gourmet Farms Malunggay TeaThe Little Known Beauty Benefits of MalunggayClassic Buffalo Chicken Wings with Gourmet Farms Thousand Island DressingSo How Did the Thousand Island Dressing Get Its Name?Zesty Mango Shooters with Gourmet Farms Mango Vinaigrette“Something as Sweet as Mangoes”Three Best Ways to Have the Perfect Cup of Coffee
- ► September (26)Savory Baked Salmon in Gourmet Farms Honey Mustard DressingHow Mustard is MadeTHE MANY HEALTH BENEFITS OF SAMBONGMediterranean Meat Gyro with Gourmet Farms Garlic DressingGarlic’s Nutritional ProfileTalk About Caffeine Rush : Carpuccino Completes 210 Mile TripDelightfully Sweet Coffee Brownie in a MugSpicy Fish with Gourmet Farms PestoSpicy Citrus Chicken with Gourmet Farms PepperonciniTalk About Caffeine Rush: Coffee Grounds Can Be a Promising Energy ResourceGrilled Veggies in Gourmet Farms Balsamic VinaigretteSnippets on AmpalayaPASTA AMATRICIANA FRITTATANATURAL APPETITE REGULATORS FOR WEIGHT MANAGEMENTBOLOGNESE PIZZA (serves 4-5)HERB AND GARLIC GRILLED PRAWNSDine Like an Emperor with Gourmet Farms Roman Garlic SpreadGrilled Salmon with Gourmet Farms Oriental DressingLIGHTEN UP! Good Food to boost your MoodSeven Wonderful Things You Need to Know About Pito-PitoA Different Kind of Puttanesca made with Gourmet Farms Sun Dried Tomato PestoI Run for Life: A Run for Children with LeukemiaCleansers for The CleansersUnadulterated, Sweet and Winey – Gourmet Farms Espresso BlendFOOD & DRINKS ASIA 2013: Bridging the Gap Between the Food Industry and its EntrepreneursBenefits of Coffee for Hair Growth
- ► August (18)Herb Cheese Chicken Burger Made More Enjoyable with Gourmet Farm’s Basilico Herb Cheese SpreadWHICH PROFESSION DRINKS THE MOST COFFEE?Easy Green Chicken Curry Made with Gourmet Farms Cilantro PestoPerk Yourself Up with Robusta! Spicy Mexican Chicken Made with Gourmet Farms SalsaMango VinaigretteGOURMET’S GINGER TEA FOR COUGH3 WAYS HOW COFFEE MAKES YOUR SKIN BEAUTIFULMountain Grown ArabicaPasta Salad with Gourmet’s Italian DressingNational Artist Bencab at Gourmet FarmsBANABA TEA, a powerful drink for weight management and diabetesTaco Salad with Gourmet’s Mexican DressingPasta Salad with Gourmet’s Fresh Herb VinaigretteGourmet’s Barako Blend Can Help Protect Against Liver DiseasesGourmet Farms on Kris TVGourmet Farms Inc. and Ateneo De Manila University Continues to Foster BondGourmet Farms and Smart Communications Advocate Living the Healthy Lifestyle
- ► July (7)
- ► June (11)What’s Your Cup?Coffee FertilizerABS-CBN’s Salamat Dok features Gourmet Farms Inc.Homemade Coffee ScrubCoffee Improves Performance Among BikersCaffeine Boosts Power for Elderly Muscles, Experts SayKorean International School Philippines Visits Gourmet FarmsCentral Bicol State University Students Complete OJT Program in Gourmet FarmsSalty CoffeeGFI’s New Composting Facilities Ensure Better and Healthier ProduceDodgy Veggies : Culprit in Food Illness
- ► May (5)
- ► April (2)
- ► March (5)
- ► February (2)
- ► January (7)
- ► December (17)
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► December (3)
- ► November (3)
- ► October (2)
- ► August (2)
- ► July (5)Healthy Benefits of OkraGourmet Farms co-stars with Judy Ann Santos, Iza Calzado, Agot Isidro and Janice de Belen in Director Joey Reyes' wildly applauded entry in the 8th Cinemalaya festivalLifestyle’s guide to best salad dressingsBotanical Illustrations: Jungle Jewels drawn from Life"Eating, planting vegetables secret to long life, says DOH" by Jocelyn R. Uy
- ► June (9)“Botanical Illustrations” by Chen Hui opens July 6 at Gourmet Farms in Silang Pambansang Kape refreshes Olympic Day CelebrationGreen, Green Leaves of Fun at Gourmet, Cavite!Gourmet Farms is now an 11-hectare eco-tourism attractionCelebrating a Week-Long Independence Day through Happy Fathers DayMaybe there'll be roses againSix Artist Extend Heritage StoriesPass the BananaThe Most Expensive Foods in the World
- ► May (4)
- ► April (4)
- ► March (7)
- ► February (7)
- ► January (1)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► December (10)
- ► November (5)
- ► June (1)
- ► May (2)
- ► March (1)
- ► February (2)
- ► 2010 (1)
- ► November (1)